Thursday, July 28, 2011

Teams

I went to my first "team meeting" this week with my new team!  How sweet it was of them to have a get together to just visit and get to know each other prior to the frenzy of the school year.  They gave me a great pacing calendar they have created and answered a bunch of my questions.

It's been a while since I've been the "new person" on campus...so I have to say I've been reflecting on this transition and what we can do when OTHER people are in that position.  If you have a new person coming to your team this year, why not hold a meeting just before the actual back to school days?  It could be as simple as inviting them for coffee at Starbucks or lunch out somewhere.  Trust me, this simple action goes a long way toward easing some of the "first day jitters"!

And in other "team news"...I have another team who will NOT be with me physically on my school campus next year.  But I have friends who are in my network that have been sharing their best and brightest ideas with me.  It feels GREAT to know that I am only a phone call or an email away from a whole bunch of support during my transition!

1 comment:

Mrs. Shepherd said...

Love the idea of a team meeting before school. I loved it so much I emailed all the ELA teachers today to meet up to plan for the first few weeks of school. Thanks!